To find a fulfilling career that makes the best use of my skills.
May 2000 to Present Technical Instructor -- Applied Innovation, Inc., Columbus, OH: Train network, maintenance, and technical support personnel how to: Configure hardware and software for their companys AI 180 Series SwitchExplain and configure the TCP/IP, X.25 (SVC & PVC), ASYNC, and OSI transport for their AISwitches®. Instruct personnel in diagnostics, installation, and upgrading of the AISwitch®. Describe how to configure Smart Line Cards to access MUX channels using Aliases for flow control from Network Elements. Design and development of Self-paced tutorials for Qwest Communications. Create tutorials using PowerPoint slides including sound bytes and interactive visuals.
Feb 1998 to April 2000 Technical Writer -- Lucent Technologies, Columbus, OH:
· Translated baseline requirement documents into ACTIVIEW® User Guides for major Telecommunication companies.
· Created web pages for on-line help documentation.
· Collaborated with other teams (e.g. System Engineering & Development) to analyze, plan, and perform systems tests.
· Created Infoware documentation of screen descriptions and tasks.
· Executed feature test cases and record results applicable to Infoware development.
· Wrote Modification Requests and negotiated fixes with developers.
1997 1998 Technical Support Consultant Nationwide Insurance/Enterprises, Columbus, OH:
· Provided technical assistance for Nationwide agents for the installation and servicing of Cisco 1600 Routers and 3Com Office Connect Hubs.
· Communicated with representative from AT&T and local communications companies to ensure proper technical facilitation.
· Troubleshooting technical problems with equipment.
1993 - 1997 Admissions Counselor -- Kent State University, Warren, OH:· Project leader for KWEIP (Kent-Warren Early Intervention Program).
· Developed curriculum for basic instructional design systems models, computer-based training, workshops and seminar designs.
· Supervised computer training for over two hundred high school students annually.
· Initiated written and oral instructions for the development of MS Word 7.0, Surfing the Internet using Netscape and MS Explorer web browsers.
· Created training materials used by staff and students for authoring web pages using HTML and web editors.
· Implemented a comprehensive recruitment program for traditional and non-traditional students.
· Provided information to prospective students incorporating the full range of admissions', including marketing planning and standard recruitment strategies.
1989 - 1993 Tutor and Information Systems Manager -- Kent State University, Warren, OH:
· Tutored individual students in Word Processing, Business Administration, Algebra, Trigonometry, and English.
· Designed software applications for payroll, inventory, accounts receivable, and staffing.
· Coordinated software development -- evaluated the data support and generated specialized reporter documents (e.g., project profiles, computer graphics, and designed development specifications).
1987 - 1989 Software Conversion Analyst -- Harker Computer Service, Youngstown, OH:
· Coordinated data input, evaluated the data and generated specialized reporter documents utilizing DisplayWrite 36/Query for Quaker State Oil Company.
· Software Development Support - Translated variable-data field-merge documents.
· Developed word processing programs used in conjunction with system software, system control programs, and local network software.
· Edited compilations of publications and professional documents for grammatical construction, formatting, spelling, abbreviations, punctuations, references, nomenclatures, consistencies of text, and graphic illustrations.
· Created and maintained technical instructions and/or procedures for common use, generally involving high volume, deadline work, and direct interfacing with a self-contained software system that allowed for the creation, storage, retrieval, and manipulation of files or data bases, including a query language and report writer.
Education Kent State University, Kent, OH
Bachelor of Science -- General Studies, 1995
Major: Education, -- Minor: Computer Science
West Los Angeles Jr. College, Los Angeles, CA
Major: Advertising, 1984
Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH
Major: Business Administration, 1976 - 1978
Certification Broadway & Seymour, Inc., ATEC, Charlotte, NC
Certificate -- Supporting Microsoft Windows 95, 1996
Business Communications Review, Costa Mesa, CA
Certificate Hands On TCP/IP Internetworking, July 2000
Affiliations Board Member of Youngstown-Warren Area Chamber of Commerce
TCP/IP Internetworking July 2000
Information Mapping March 1999
Service Creation Environment Introduction March 1998
Training Needs Analysis March 1998
Calling Card Service Provisioning March 1998
Intelligent Network Overview IN1000 March 1998
ANS Service Management System Functional Area Overview March 1998
Advanced Routing Service (ASARI) and Virtual Private Network Service Provisioning Telecom Italia Rome, Italy March - April 1998
Advanced Network Services SN/SCP/SCE Introduction (Advantage Platform) April 1998
Advanced Network System Management System (ANSMS) May 1998
Operations, Administration & Maintenance (OA&M) Guide Overview May 1998
Advanced Network System Service Management System Co-Training June 1998
PC-GUI Architecture and Development Inter-System Testing July 1998
Flexible Network Routing Service 3.0 July 1998
Windows 95, 98, 2000, and NT 4.0
Lotus Notes & 123
Microsoft Word 2000
Microsoft Front Page
Active Server Pages (ASP)
Adobe & PDF
Microsoft Outlook 2000
Paint Shop Pro 5.0